Frequently Asked Question
WHAT IS YOUR INTAKE PROCESS LIKE?
Your initial appointment will be half to one hour for a medication management or therapy intake. We will ask you a number of questions to better understand your situation and tailor your therapy to your individual needs.
MEDICATION VS. PSYCHOTHERAPY
To best achieve a greater sense of well-being we use an integrative approach to wellness. Often the long-term solution to mental and emotional problems can be resolved using a combination of medication and therapy. Medication addresses the biological basis for distress. Therapy addresses the psychological causes of distress, and the emotional patterns that maintain it. Working with a WellnessRI provider you can determine what’s best for you.
HOW CAN THERAPY HELP ME?
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence